Lone Star Medics - Medicine X Alumni Event
Course Description: During this 1.5 day course, students will participate in multiple scenarios utilizing their previous firearms and medical training. We are proud to bring in two additional instructors; Dr. Sherman House and Eli Miller. By bringing together these instructors, we are able to provide several training scenarios to maximize students’ learning and time. Students will be divided up into groups and rotate through all four instructors. Each medical instructor will provide a skills review related to tactical medicine and coordinate a live-fire scenarios for students to apply and test those skills. Scenarios will vary in difficulty and may require students to work together as teams. Karl Rehn of KR Training will run students through shooting drills incorporating one handed and awkward position gun skills relevant to integrated medical/firearm response.
Topics: application of firearms, tactics, and medical skills
Length: Saturday June 1, 8-5. Sunday, June 2, 8-1
1. Prior formal training in how to draw a holstered pistol from concealment, or successful documented completion of an IDPA match where concealment was used, or law enforcement/military training. (Uniformed personnel that want to train in their duty gear are invited and encouraged to do so.)
2. Students must have a basic understanding and knowledge of modern hemorrhage control techniques prior to attending this course. At a bare minimum, students should have already completed a “Stop The Bleed” class. Although this course is designed for the layperson, healthcare professionals are welcome to come test their skills as well.
Equipment:*indicates mandatory item
- *Rifle or carbine.
- *Support gear for firearms
- Holster (Shoulder rigs, cross-draw, pocket holsters and SERPA holsters are not permitted.)
- Mag pouches
- Spare magazines
- Sling for rifle
- 300-500rds of pistol
- 60-100rds of carbine
- *Eye and *Ear protection
- Drinking water… plenty of it.
- Inert defensive training aids (Ring’s Blue Guns, SiRT pistol, etc.)
- Designated medical training aids
Optional Equipment: none
Taught by: Caleb Causey, Sherman House, Eli Miller and Karl Rehn
Facility: A-Zone Range
Additional information: to be updated