In-Extremis Knife Course
Course Description: The ShivWorks In-Extremis Knife course is a 4 hour block of instruction which focuses on a non-stylized method that will work with any edged weapon or any improvised weapon as well. The course places the knife or improvised implement within the usage context of realistic criminal assault and provides a simple decision making process for access and application. A heavy emphasis is placed upon disparate confrontations where the defender lacks proportional armament and equal initiative. Pre-fight and In-fight tactics to dissuade, break and recover from violent, criminal assault are practically bridged into tool access and the specifics of edged weapon application.
- Parameters of criminal assault
- Awareness and distraction
- Challenging the potential attacker
- Preemptive blade access
- Deceptive kinesics
- Default position
- Basic empty hand tools and the F.U.T.
- Theory of in-fight weapon access
- Convulsive draw-stroke and edge orientation
- Angles and application
- Clearing the impeded line
- The pakal jab
- Applying the skill-set to improvised weapons
Length: four hours
For prices and upcoming course dates, check the schedule page.
Prerequisites: Students should be relatively fit as this is a contact class.
Required Equipment: mouthpiece and cup, folding knife
Optional Equipment: training knives
Facility: A Zone range
Scheduled: May 2005