Immediate Action Ju-Jitsu
Cecil Burch will offer two 1-day classes in his Immediate Action Ju-Jitsu program. Day 1 will teach skills relevant to standing up conflicts. Day 2 will teach skills relevant to ground fighting. Students can attend either or both days. Completion of Day 1 is not required to attend Day 2.
Course Description: The objective is to provide attendees who have limited training time and resources with solid ground survival and escape fundamentals geared toward the increasingly violent weapon based environments they may live, work and/or travel within. And all techniques/concepts are from Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and are combat proven over the past 80 years by thousands of practitioners, including the U.S. Army.
The Immediate Action Jiu-Jitsu course is designed to give the layman a realistic and functional set of concepts, techniques, methodologies, training drills and experiences that will prepare them for a worst case “ground-fight” scenario. All techniques and concepts are high percentile applications which span a wide spectrum of confrontations. Training consists of presentation, drilling and Force-On-Force evolutions providing attendees with immediate feedback regarding the efficacy of the skills learned.
- Surviving/defending/escaping when you are on the ground underneath an attacker
- Surviving/defending/escaping when you are on the ground and your opponent is standing
- Functional methods of getting back to your feet
- Countering takedowns and remaining on your feet IFWA (in-fight weapon access)
- Denying your opponent’s weapon access – understanding technique, positional hierarchy AND timing
- Multiple opponents - realistically maximizing your chances
- Surviving inside the guard
- Proper usage of the guard to win/escape
- Defending against punches, elbow strikes, stomps, kicks, etc…
- Proper role of “dirty tactics” Essential training principles, methods, & drills
- How these concepts & techniques remain true with or without weapon involvement
- Learning to deal with the most common MMA attacks and holds
- Recognizing and defending against common submissions (guillotine, rear naked choke, triangle, arm bar, etc.)
- Structuring and balancing your training and integrating it into a busy real world lifestyle
Length: 9 am to 6 pm, Feb 18-19, 2017
Required Equipment: Loose, comfortable but durable clothes, mouthpiece, cup, notebook, and an open mind
Optional Equipment: See the general policies page for suggestions on food, drink, clothing, etc.
Facility: A-Zone Range
Cecil Burch has been pursuing his passion for functional Martial Arts and self-defense for over 36 years. He has trained and held instructor certifications in many arts, ranging from Jeet Kune Do and the Filipino Martial Arts, Savate, Muay Thai and multiple Pentjak Silat systems, as well as Western Boxing. Cecil is currently a 1st degree black belt under Megaton Dias in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsuand has competed extensively. He has also been a firearms enthusiast all his life, including going through the General Pistol class at Gunsite under Jeff Cooper and Louis Awerbuck. He has trained extensively with SouthNarc in multiple classes, pistol coursework with Larry Vickers and Tom Givens, and carbine and pistol work with Pat McNamara, Chuck Taylor and extensive personal training with Chris Lapre, LEO (Pinal County Sherriff’s Office) and former Vickers certified instructor. He has also competed in varied shooting competitions. Cecil has conducted seminars across the U.S. as well as internationally in places like England and Singapore. He has been a featured presenter at the Mid-Atlantic Training Conference (2010), NE Shooter’s Summit (2013, 2014), Rangemaster Polite Society Conference (2014, 2015, 2016) and has worked extensively with Law Enforcement officers, Federal Air Marshals, military special operation troops, and private citizens on the functional utilization of Brazilian Jiu-jitsu, boxing, and clinchfighting in close quarters combat.